Monday, November 4, 2013

Post for Nov. 2nd and 3rd

Whew-- we had a busy weekend. Saturday was Child1's(15) last home game. Then after the game Child2(10) had a sleep over with a million boys (really 7-- but it felt like a million). My creative endeavor for Saturday, Nov. 2 was a faux ice cream cake.  I followed this recipe for my chocolate cake, and then this recipe for the faux ice cream part of the cake.  It turned out really good. I like that the middle is not real ice cream because it did not melt all over the place. However, I would not call it an ice cream cake because it does not REALLY taste like ice cream- so it confused the kids.

So after the kids left on Sunday, and i  caught up on some R&R, I got a text form my friend asking me if I could make a resin bangle. I ran upstairs (to my "studio"), found all the necessary supplies, and began pouring resin. I poured a bangle with sprinkle inclusions and I stole a fly from Child1 and imbedded it in a cabochon mold. Child1 makes amazing tiny flies- and I have been trying to figure out how to incorporate one in my jewelry.  They have to sit for 24-48 hours and then I will pop them out of the mold and see how they did.

No comments:

Post a Comment